The School of Life Sciences at the University of Dundee is a world-class academic institution with a reputation for the excellence of its research, its high quality teaching and student experience, and the strong impact of its activities outside academia. With 900 staff from over 60 countries worldwide, the School provides a dynamic, multi-national, collegiate and diverse environment with state-of-the-art laboratory, technology and teaching facilities.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as the Teaching Support for the Level 1 to 2, Widening Access & Foundation Programme within our School Office, in a job share, Part-Time, Fixed-Term for 12 months, working Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (O.6 FTE).
As the Teaching Support for the Foundation and Levels 1 to 2 programme you will provide a sound level of administrative support to the office, with specific responsibility for the provision of an efficient and effective range of administrative support services to the Undergraduate Biological and Biomedical Sciences degree programmes at Foundation and Levels 1 and 2 and act as the point of contact for administrative support.
Your priorities will include:
- Assisting the Operations Manager with key tasks relating to the Programme
- Providing an excellent standard of administration supporting a positive student journey for our students and a positive work environment for our staff
- Administrate the student journey using various systems and procedures
- Assist in the coordination of the Examination processes and procedures
- Primary liaison with student and staff
- Support Committees and events as directed by the Operations Manager
Who we’re looking for:
- You will be committed to service delivery, capable of taking personal responsibility for your own work and of using your initiative effectively within the remit of the post, with the ability to be able to deal with changing priorities
- You will possess good written and verbal communication skills, good clerical and secretarial skills and an ability to interact positively with people at all levels in a dynamic academic environment
- You will have the ability to deal with people at all levels in a dynamic academic environment and approach problems with patience and sensitivity
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. Just a short walk from the V&A Museum of Design Dundee, we’re close to both the train and bus stations. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic office team supporting our excellent student experience. For further information about this position please contact Angie Nicoll at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the School of Life Sciences visit: http://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.