The University of Dundee’s Imaging Facility in the School of Life Sciences is a world-renowned imaging facility operating leading-edge technology and accessed by research staff within the School of Life Sciences, the wider University and national and international collaborators. The Imaging Facility is recruiting a Light Microscopy Technician for 6 months to provide support in the day to day running of the facility.
This post provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic team player with a keen interest in biological imaging and experience in fluorescence microscopy. Experience in sample preparation for light microscopy and an understanding/experience of lab management would be an advantage. The position offers excellent opportunities to develop skills and experience in a leading Core Imaging Facility.
The post is available for 6 months.
• Experience using light microscopy and digital imaging, preferably in a biological or biomedical setting
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Experience teaching or training postgraduate and/or postdoctoral staff, ideally in microscopy-related tecnhnique
• Experience with sample preparation for Light and/or Electron Microscopy
• Experience with general lab management/organisation
Informal enquiries can be made to Dr Sam Swift, Director of Dundee Imaging Facility (email@example.com).
How to apply:
To apply on-line click here.
The University of Dundee is a diverse community and is committed to equality of opportunity for all by providing a supportive, flexible and inclusive working environment. We have family friendly policies (including flexible working and childcare vouchers), staff groups for LGBT and BME; and prayer room facilities.
The University of Dundee has received the Athena SWAN Bronze Award (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/about/athenaswan/) which recognises the promotion of gender equality and has made further commitment to advancing inclusive culture which supports and encourages all under-represented groups.
The University of Dundee is a Scottish Registered Charity, No. SC015096.