The Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID) in the College of Life Sciences wishes to appoint a lecturer in anatomy to cover maternity leave. The post is available for two (2) periods in 2013 corresponding to semester 2 of the 2012/2013 academic year (3rd January to 24th May) and semester 1 of the 2013/2014 academic year (1st September to 23rd December).
• The principal role will in relation to the undergraduate medical (MBChB) and dental (BDS) programmes:
- The delivery of anatomy lectures
- The organisation and running of practical anatomy classes/sessions
- The setting and marking of appropriate written and practical examinations
• Advisor of studies offering advice and pastoral care to students (medical, dental, science)
• Any other duties required by the Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification
• Have (or expect to have) a higher degree in anatomy and/or be medically qualified
• Have an appropriate background in anatomy education
• Be experienced in giving anatomy lectures and participating in practical anatomy classes
• Good written and communication skills
• Good organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload
Self-motivated and enthusiastic
Familiar with standard computer programmes
Preferred starting date: 3rd January 2013
Informal enquiries can be made to Professor Roger Soames (tel: 01382 386384 or email email@example.com).
How to apply:
To apply on-line click here. If you are unable to apply on-line please contact Human Resources on (01382) 386209 (answering machine) for an application pack. Please quote reference number LS0238. Closing Date: 31 October 2012.
The University of Dundee is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The University of Dundee is a Scottish Registered Charity, No. SC015096.