The School of Life Sciences at the University of Dundee is a world-class academic institution with a reputation for the excellence of its research, its high-quality teaching and student experience, and the strong impact of its activities outside academia. With 900 staff from over 40 countries worldwide the School provides a dynamic, multi-national, collegiate and diverse environment with state-of-the-art laboratory, technology and teaching facilities.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us in a part-time store technician role. The post holder will contribute to the provision of an outstanding store service to our academic and professional service staff.
You will be an integral part of the team and take care to ensure that the goods are delivered in a professional manner, that the orders are correctly receipted and that all tasks are completed with an attention to detail.
We are looking for an individual with a willingness to learn and the ability to problem solve. Full training will be provided.
This position is available on a part-time basis for, a total of 20 hours per week. Daily hours 10am – 2pm Monday to Friday.
Your priorities will include:
- Delivery of goods from internal School of Life Sciences (SLS) store and external deliveries to all within the SLS complex.
- Picking items with accuracy from the SLS internal store using dispatch notices, in accordance with used by dates.
- Responsible for opening and checking contents of external deliveries against delivery notes to ensure that they match. Highlight discrepancies to senior store technician where required.
- Responsible for receipting goods, including recording delivery note details electronically via the University’s One University system.
- Manual handling i.e. gas cylinder handling and delivery of large items in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Who we’re looking for:
- Team player and ability to work flexibility to meet changing demands.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of following SOPs and instructions.
- Experience of manual handling.
- Microsoft office, PC literate.
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. Just a short walk from the V&A Museum of Design Dundee, we’re close to both the train and bus stations. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
For further information about this position please contact Mr Michael Hannan at email@example.com. To find out more about the School of Life Sciences please visit https://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
As an internationally diverse institution, we welcome job applicants from all countries and nationalities. The School of Life Sciences is proud to employ staff from over 40 different nations.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
Please note: We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
The Closing Date is 28th September 2021
For further information or to apply for this position please click here