The School of Life Sciences at the University of Dundee is a world-class academic institution with a reputation for the excellence of its research, its high-quality teaching and student experience, and the strong impact of its activities outside academia. With 900 staff from over 60 countries worldwide the School provides a dynamic, multi-national, collegiate and diverse environment with state-of-the-art laboratory, technology and teaching facilities.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us in a part-time store technician role. The postholder will contribute to the provision of an outstanding store service to our academic and professional service staff.
You will be an integral part of the team and take care to ensure that the goods are delivered in a professional manner, that the orders are correctly receipted and that all tasks are completed with an attention to detail.
We are looking for an individual with a willingness to learn and the ability to problem solve. Full training will be provided.
This position is available on a part-time basis for, a total of 20 hours per week (0.55 FTE) - Daily hours 10am – 2pm Monday to Friday.
Your priorities will include:
- Delivery of goods from internal School of Life Sciences (SLS) store and external deliveries to all within the SLS complex.
- Picking items with accuracy from the SLS internal store using dispatch notices. Taking care that this is in accordance with shelf- life of the product and used by dates.
- Responsible for opening and checking contents of external deliveries against delivery notes to ensure that they match. Highlight discrepancies to senior store technician where required.
- Responsible for receipting goods, including recording delivery note details electronically via the University’s One University system.
- Manual handling including gas cylinder handling and delivery of large items in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Who we’re looking for:
- Team player and ability to work flexibility to meet changing demands.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of following SOPs and instructions.
- Experience of manual handling.
- Experience of gas cylinder handling.
- Microsoft office, PC literate.
School of Life Sciences:
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. Just a short walk from the V&A Museum of Design Dundee, we’re close to both the train and bus stations. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.