Operations Manager and will work closely with the Undergraduate, International and Business Development Executive Support and the Student Support Administrator
D’Arcy Thompson Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee
The post holder is responsible for supporting the Operations Manager and Student Support Administrator in the provision of an efficient and effective range of administrative support services provided by the School Office to both the teaching staff and to the Associate Dean Learning and Teaching, the Associate Dean Quality and Academic Standards and the Head of Administration. They will also provide support to the Undergraduate, International and Business Development Executive Support in relation to recruitment of undergraduate students.
General Qualification Guidelines:
Experience and education
• Educated to a minimum of Highers or equivalent qualifications
• Normally at least 2 year’s work experience within an administrative environment and operating administrative systems both computerised and manual, preferably within a HE/FE environment.
• Experience of working with Web based programmes, i.e. MyDundee, eVision
• Experience of working with minimum supervision
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programmes
• Ability to work under pressure with a high level of accuracy
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work to ensure critical deadlines are met
• Self-starter, willingness to develop
• High motivation level with strong drive to achieve results and contribute to the departments' high standards of service
• Teamwork, must have the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment
• Positive attitude
• Commitment to personal development
• Professional personal presentation
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.