The postholder will report to the Research Administration Lead. The post will be based within the Life Sciences Research Complex on our City Centre Campus.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to a number of Research Scientists
- Organise national and international travel requirement, organise itineraries, process travel costs
- Support and minute Divisional meetings, prepare agendas and relevant papers
- Organise meetings and events, liaising with external attendees, booking venues, catering and travel
- Manage multiple relationships simultaneously and facilitate cross-team working
- A strong communicator and team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to use initiative, anticipate requirements and prioritise workload
- Demonstrable sensitivity with the ability to manage confidential information effectively
- A proactive and pre-emptive approach with the ability to identify, analyse and solve problems independently
- Experience of working in a Higher Education or other similar environment
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. Just a short walk from the V&A Museum of Design Dundee, we’re close to both the train and bus stations. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
For further information about this position please contact Zoe Hirons, Research Administration Lead at email@example.com. To find out more about The School of Life Sciences please visit http://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena Swan and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.