The BCDD Protein Production Team (PPT) are dedicated to the production of quality protein for translational research. Our main customer is the Drug Discovery Unit Drug Discovery Unit (DDU) (see http://www.drugdiscovery.dundee.ac.uk) which is a fully integrated drug discovery operation based within a world class Life Sciences research environment. Its remit is to complement BioPharma activities by tackling both neglected diseases (trypanosomiasis, leishmaniasis and malaria) and early stage small molecule validation of novel targets & mechanisms across a range of potential therapeutic areas.
- To design, clone, express and purify proteins in a variety of expression systems (E.coli, Baculovirus, P.pastoris and mammalian).
- To seek and maintain high working standards in both laboratory and paperwork.
- Provide prompt and accurate communication with customers.
- Provide high quality and signed off reports to customers when required.
- Keeping up to date in new technologies that may improve PPT service/success.
- Working collaboratively with members of the Drug Discovery Unit and academic or industrial collaborators to support protein production.
- A first or second degree in biochemistry, or equivalent experience.
- An ability to be proactive, productive and to work effectively in teams is required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work in an organised and meticulous manner and to standard operating procedures is essential.
- Experience of expression and purification of recombinant proteins is essential.
- Construct Design and Molecular Biology skills would be an advantage.
- Experience of Tissue Culture would be an advantage.
- Use of AKTA purification systems would be an advantage, though training will be given.
- Experience of the use of Bioreactors would be an advantage.
For informal enquires please contact Sharon Shepherd (Operations Manager Protein Production) firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
To apply on-line click here.
The University of Dundee is a diverse community and is committed to equality of opportunity for all by providing a supportive, flexible and inclusive working environment. We have family friendly policies (including flexible working and childcare vouchers), staff groups for LGBT and BME; and prayer room facilities.
The University of Dundee has received the Athena SWAN Bronze Award (http://www.dundee.ac.uk/about/athenaswan/) which recognises the promotion of gender equality and has made further commitment to advancing inclusive culture which supports and encourages all under-represented groups.
The University of Dundee is a Scottish Registered Charity, No. SC015096.