University of Dundee personal data policy
To register for the conference we need to collect some of your personal data. The data requested has been kept to the minimum needed to organise the conference. You can read the justification for collecting this data in the attached privacy notice. You can read all the University of Dundee’s policies on Information Governance, including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR) at https://www.dundee.ac.uk/information-governance//dataprotection/ . For questions or to update preferences you indicated on your registration form please email contact-WCAIR@dundee.ac.uk .
Early Bird Registration fee (valid until 30th November 2018): £300
Full Delegate Rate (from 01 December 2018 ): £375
Conference registration closes on Friday 5th April 2019 if you wish to pay be invoice or on Friday 19th April 2019 if you pay by credit card.
Registration fee includes:
- Attendance at all conference sessions
- Catering at breaks and lunchtime
- Entrance and catering at the Sunday welcome reception and Monday and Tuesday evening social receptions
- Access to the conference app (available from Apple and Google Play store) with programme, abstract and speaker information
Conference attendees are responsible for booking their own travel and accommodation. Information on accommodation in Dundee.
A limited number of travel bursaries will be available. Please read the information below about applying for these before you register.
- Credit card at time of registration through Eventbrite (Visa, Visa debit, Mastercard, American Express)
- Request an invoice during registration. Invoices will be emailed after registration request is received.
The conference fee must be paid in full prior to the event taking place. The conference organisers reserve the right to re-allocate places to another delegate if fees are not paid on time.
All bookings will not be considered complete or valid until full payment has been received and the names of all delegates for each booking are registered in full.
If you are unable to attend the conference you can request a refund through your Eventbrite registration or by emailing WCAIR2019@dundee.ac.uk .
Cancellation policy is
- Cancellations received before the Earlybird deadline, 30/11/2018, 75% refund
- Cancellations received between 01/12/2018-15/02/2019, 50% refund
- Cancellations received between 16/02/2019-11/04/2019, 30% refund
- Cancellations received after 12/04/2019 No refunds (100% cancellation fee)
Amendments to bookings
If after registering you are no longer able to attend you can send another person in your place. Please update your Eventbrite booking with the name of the new delegate. If you registered within the earlybird rate and you make the change after 01 December 2018 you will need to pay the difference between the earlybird rate and the full delegate rate (£75).
Up to 20 travel bursaries covering the cost of conference registration and a contribution towards travel costs to a total of are available. Funds of up to £1,500 will be made available to succesful applicants.
To be eligible you must
- Submit an abstract to the conference (either poster or oral)
- Be based in a low or middle income country as defined in this list
Thank you to
- Medicines for Malaria Venture, MMV
- Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative, DNDi
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
for their generous sponsorship which has allowed us to provide the travel burasries.
Include the request to be offered a travel bursary when you submit your abstract. Write a short paragraph to explain why you should be chosen.
Successful applicants will be notified by email.
Following confirmation that you will attend the conference you will be sent a code which will allow you to register without charge.
You will need to book your own travel and then claim costs using the form you will be sent. Email the signed form and scanned copies of your receipts to WCAIR2019@dundee.ac.uk. You will also need to post the original forms and receipts toDr Catharine Goddard
Manager, Wellcome Centre for Anti-Infectives Research
School of Life Sciences
University of Dundee
Dundee. DD1 5EH