Applications for the 2019 programme are now open - Application deadline currently set as the 11th Feb 2019
The School of Life Sciences at the University of Dundee, joint with the China Scholarship Council (CSC), is proud to be able to offer a scholarship programme for postgraduate research students. The scholarship covers all tuition fees and research fees and provides living expenses and one return flight ticket to successful candidates. There are up to 10 scholarships of 4 years duration available.
In order to be eligible for these awards applicants must:
- Be a Chinese national
- Meet the requirements of the CSC – please see their website
- Hold an unconditional offer to study for a PhD at the University of Dundee and meet our English language requirements
- Have completed bachelors or masters degree before the agreed start of PhD study.
Successful applicants will benefit from working in an international, world-class, supportive and vibrant research environment. All students will have access to our postgraduate training programme including support to attend annual School symposia and will be provided with a laptop computer.
How to Apply:
The application is a two-stage process. Students apply to the University of Dundee and CSC separately.
Apply to the University of Dundee
- Potential applicants should first apply for a School of Life Sciences PhD stating clearly on the application form that you wish to apply for CSC funding. Further details of projects available on this scheme can be found here.
- Successful candidates will be provided with an unconditional offer from the University of Dundee clarifying that that tuition fees and local research costs will be waived upon gaining a CSC Scholarship. CSC will be issued with a copy of the offer letter.
Apply to The China Scholarship Council (CSC):
After receiving the unconditional offer letter from the University of Dundee, candidates must also apply to CSC for funding by completing an application for funding. Please apply to The China Scholarship Council online. Application forms will be available online between March 2019 and April 2019 (dates to be confirmed in due course). Applications are considered on an annual basis and therefore you must apply to the CSC between if you wish to be considered.