Recruitment for the 2021 BBSRC EASTBIO PhD Programme is now open. Please note closing date for our second round of applications: Tuesday 6th April 2021.
The programme is a partnership between the Universities of Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Stirling and St Andrews; as well as SRUC, Mordun, IBiolC and the JHI. The Partnership was created in response to the establishment of BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnerships to provide PhD training in areas of strategic relevance to the BBSRC. The DTP scheme will provide students with excellent cross-disciplinary research training in line with the current BBSRC strategy for research support and training.
The key elements of the programme consist of:
- Structured training and mentoring programme: High-level Bioscience training (e.g. Systems Biology, Data Analysis) and Generic Skills training
- Interactive discussion groups across the partnership based upon research themes
- 3-month professional internship outside of academia
- PhD projects in laboratories run by internationally renowned scientists
- Competitive stipend of RCUK minimum which is currently £15,285 per annum, £5000 per year towards research training costs, tuition fees covered
- Attendance at EASTBIO annual symposium
Application details and more information on the BBSRC EASTBIO Doctoral Training Partnership can be found at the website below. You must follow the instructions for your application to be considered: http://www.eastscotbiodtp.ac.uk/how-apply-0
For more information on the EASTBIO DTP programme and information on how to apply see the EASTBIO website.