College of Life Sciences, School of Learning & Teaching Student Awards
5pm, Friday 9th November 2012, Dalhousie Building, University of Dundee
Ceremony begins at 5pm and expected end is 5.30-5.45pm with refreshments to follow
Students at the School of Life Sciences Learning & Teaching, University of Dundee who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance will be formally congratulated for their work at the prize-giving ceremony being held on Friday 9th November 2012.
DETAILS OF TOP PRIZE WINNERS
I can confirm that there are a total of 57 prize winners for 2011/12.
Our top prize winner this year is Magdalena Grzeszczuk, 23 from Poland, who has successfully won a total of 4 prizes. Magdalena has just completed her BSc Honours degree, obtaining a First Class Honours in Molecular Biology (see details below).
- BA - British Association 1939 Prize (Medal)
- Molecular Biology Honours Prize
- Society of Biology Award
- Sir James Black Award for Outstanding Achievement
Amongst our high achievers for session 2011/12 are Emma Bissett, 21 from Kinross and Jamie Czop, 20 from Aberdeenshire.
Emma is currently in her Honours year of the Microbiology degree and won a total of 4 prizes (see details below)
- Society for General Microbiology
- Jonathan Glover Trust Prize – Microbiology
- BI31022 Genome Science
- BI31053 Microbial Growth & Biotechnology
Jamie has also progressed into the Honours year of the Forensic Anthropology degree and won a total of 3 prizes (see details below).
- Armitstead Bursary
- Ede & Ravenscroft Prize (joint award)
- Lippincott Human Anatomy Prize