Animating Science is an exciting pilot project under the banner of STEAM (taking STEM and adding A for arts). University of Dundee's School of Life Sciences has partnered with DCA Learning to deliver a unique art and science collaborative programme supported by Wellcome through the Institutional Strategic Support Fund.
Animating Science aims to develop stop motion animation skills with pupils and teachers (P7 - S3) and support them in creating animated films about Life Science concepts and processes. This will deepen pupils’ engagement and science understanding and make science learning more fun.
Who is in our project team?
- DCA Learning Co-Ordinator and film maker, Andrew Low
- Professional animator, Bruce Husband
- Artist, Ian Tayac
- DCA Head of Learning, Sarah Derrick
- Science Engagement - Head, Dr Ian Ganley MRC PPU & a team of scientists at the School of Life Sciences
- Schools Outreach Organiser, Erin Hardee