(New - October 2021!)
We have openings available immediately for Senior postdoctoral scientists and two Senior Lab Tech in the group to boost our efforts in targeted protein degradation and PROTAC design and drug discovery. The posts will be based under Dundee's new Centre for Targeted Protein Degradation (CeTPD).
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated and creative individuals with interest in targeted protein degradation and protein-protein interactions, and skills and expertise from a wide range of areas: from chemical synthesis and chemical biology, to structural cell biology, fragment-based drug discovery and computational chemistry. There are opportunities to work on a wide range of different projects as part of a multidisciplinary group in the Ciulli lab. Vacancies become available periodically, and these posts will be advertised here and here. However, the timescale for filling these vacancies can be short, so if you are planning a career that involves training and working with us, the best way to guarantee a place in the lab is to secure an independent postdoctoral fellowship. Links to some of the organisations that sponsor fellowships are provided below, but this list is not exhaustive, so it may be worth doing your own research.
Please contact me by email if you intend to apply for your own funding. Sources of funding include:
- EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellowships from EMBO, FEBS, and HFSP
- Wellcome Trust Fellowships
- the Royal Society Fellowships and the Newton Trust International Fellowships
- SULSA Postdoctoral and Early Career Researcher Exchanges
- The Leverhulme Trust
A number of Postdoctoral Scholarships and Sponsorships are also available from the following countries:
- UK (The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851)
- Germany (DAAD, DFG e.g. Walter Benjamin program and Alexandre Von Humboldt Foundation)
- Switzerland (SNF Postdoc Mobility and Early Postdoc Mobility)
- Denmark (Villum Kann Rasmussen Fonden)
- Finland (Academy of Finland and PostDoc Pool)
- Sweden and Italy (Foundation BLANCEFLOR Boncompagni-Ludovisi)
- Sweded (Swedish Research Council Vetenskapsrade)
- Spain (Beatriu de Pinos programme)
- Portugal (FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia)
- Australia (Australian National Health and Medical Research Council, Endeavour Leadership Program)
- Canada (CIHR and NSERC). The difference is basic science (NSERC) vs translational/medical impact (CIHR), this link will give a clearer picture.
- Japan (JSPS)
- United States (NSF)
A detailed list of funding schemes and opportunities for postdoctoral fellowships can be found here.